Some people, especially those who had severe COVID-19, experience multiorgan effects or autoimmune conditions with symptoms lasting weeks, months, or even years after COVID-19 illness. Multi-organ effects can involve many body systems, including the heart, lung, kidney, skin, and brain.
No matter what phase we consider Covid to be in, allowing it to spread unchecked or untreated can lead to many long-term symptoms. While “Long Covid” and Post-Covid Conditions are still being investigated, common life-long symptoms may include:
General symptoms *not a comprehensive list
- Tiredness or fatigue that interferes with daily life
- Symptoms that get worse after physical or mental effort (also known as “post-exertional malaise”)
Respiratory and heart symptoms
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)
- Difficulty thinking or concentrating (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
- Sleep problems
- Dizziness when you stand up (lightheadedness)
- Pins-and-needles feelings
- Change in smell or taste
- Depression or anxiety
- Stomach pain
- Joint or muscle pain
- Changes in menstrual cycles
Even when Covid does transition into an endemic stage, it’s important to keep fighting it, just as you would for a common cold, or the flu.
Get tested. Get treated. Feel better, faster!
Don’t carry a virus into the new year – get tested! One swab detects COVID-19, Flu A/B and RSV.
Feeling symptomatic? Our new combo test will tell you if you’ve got RSV, Flu A or Flu B, or COVID-19 with a single swab. Results are available within 1-2 hours of testing! This test is fast, safe, and accurate.
Knowing your diagnosis means knowing how to recover faster–and if isolation precautions should be taken in order to protect friends, family, and the immunocompromised.
Tested positive for COVID-19? We’re here to help you get the Covid treatment that is right for you.